Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Blog 20 Exit Interview

1) How can a basketball coach most influence a young person's transition to adulthood? My answers are:
  1. (Best) Basketball coaches must present themselves as a role model and surpass the coaching standards set by the league they're coaching for.
  2. Basketball coaches must expose young people to variations of the same task, thus forcing them to outsource and network.
  3. It is the responsibility of a basketball coach to instill the importance of commitment into their player's mindset.
2) I came to this conclusion by physically playing on a basketball team and watching what worked and didn't work, I noticed that we learned more from watching what my coach does than listening to what she says. 

3) The only problems I've faced concern finding research and my ESA's. Research  was hard to find because everything was considered foundational. ESA's have been my biggest challenge, I've been unsuccessful in finding quality statistics that pertain to my answer. 

4) One of my most significant sources is my coach Raquel Viramontes, she is my role model and proved all my theories correct. My other significant source is Mariah Escalante, the girl I trained. She allowed me to put all the things I learned about being a great coach into action. 

No comments:

Post a Comment