Friday, April 25, 2014

Independent Component 2

LITERAL
a. I, Seriah Escobedo, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
b. Mariah Escalante helped me complete my independent component by allowing me to train her.
c. Log on blog.
d. Mariah is on a travel ball team as well as her school team and I am training her to improve her speed, stamina and fundamental skills. We went on runs & hikes, I showed her leg workouts, ab workouts, as well as crossover and shooting form drills.

INTERPRETIVE
I have played in the same leagues (just different age brackets) as Mariah for about 3 years now, and she recently came to me looking for advice on a few crossovers, techniques to improve your balance, etc. I decided to offer my services to her so I can use that as my hours, so technically it’s like a win win situation, we both complete our goal. Training Mariah really opened my eyes to the more personal side of coaching. Mentorship showed me what it’s like to coach a team, but this experience was a lot more lucrative to the arguments I’m trying to make with my senior project. These 30 hours were basically real life proof that the information I researched was valid. We worked out three times a week for 2 hours for a month and a half, we usually worked out at night due to the hot weather.




APPLIED
This component helped me answer my EQ because it reinforced the research I did for my research checks, which I stated earlier. It showed me that players do react better and really absorb and appreciate one on one instruction. And in order to maximize your success in the basketball world, you need a one on one trainer/coach. Simply playing on a team lacks the one on one training necessary to be at the top of your game and perfect your skills. I was able to critique every one of Mariah’s habits and closely watch the way she did each move and stop her and correct it whenever necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment